Wednesday 23 December 2015

Hiddink tells Chelsea flops to look in mirror


Guus Hiddink has urged the Chelsea squad to "look in the mirror" as the players attempt to transform their faltering season.


The Dutchman was speaking in his first media conference since being appointed until the end of the season following the sacking of Jose Mourinho.

Chelsea beat Sunderland on Saturday to move up to 15th in the Premier League table but remains just three points above the relegation zone.

The club's appalling title defense has led to Mourinho's departure and Hiddink, who led Chelsea to FA Cup success during an interim spell in 2009, believes the players should be analyzing where it has gone wrong.

"I shouldn't be here halfway through the season because it means that things are not going as well as was foreseen at the beginning of the season," he told reporters.

"I am glad to be back - it is a few years ago that I was last here in a similar situation and I will try to help out as I was asked. I shouldn't be here but I am - that is the reality of the situation and I am glad to be here because I worked here last time with a lot of love for the club.

"To work with the players is always a pleasure. On Tuesday I talked fully to the squad. I told them things happen in football and I want them to look in the mirror, not just two seconds but longer, and see how they can contribute on the way up. I told them as professionals to look in the mirror and be ultra critical."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *