Monday 29 January 2018

Axel Tuanzebe: I Want My Place Back In Manchester United And Fight For My Place

Axel Tuanzebe intends to use his Aston Villa loan as a springboard to launch a lengthy Manchester United career.

And he thinks one of his new teammates can help him achieve it.

The young centre-back made just eight appearance for the Reds before heading to Villa Park in search of first-team opportunities for the remainder of the season.

His short-term aim is to help Villa win promotion back to the Premier League.

But he wants to use his time in the Midlands to show United what he is capable of.

Manager Jose Mourinho has altready spoken in glowing terms of the Congo-born, Rochdale-raised 20-year-old, one of the most highly thought-of academy graduates of recent years.

And Tuanzebe, in an interview with the Express and Star, said: “After getting the promotion and my medal, I want to go back to United and be a real contender for my place.

“I believe it is my home. I want to be playing there for ten to 15 years. That is my motivation.

“This is my chance to demonstrate what I can do on the pitch.

“If I can break into the team [at Villa], I can show I am a man, who can play men’s football and do well.

“I want to show the qualities I know I have got, to prove I can do it.

“From the back of last season when I played a few Premier League games, I feel like I am ready for the next stage.

“It is not like I am a young boy anymore, looking to please. I am here to fight, here to play and help the team win promotion.”

Tuanzebe believes the presence of former Chelsea veteran John Terry at Villa Park can aid his progress.

“That’s definitely intriguing, having such a legend in the team,” he said.

“If you watch him carefully, he’s never been the quickest. But for some reason he is always in the right position.

“It shouldn’t add up but he is smart, has studied the game, where to be at the right time. Having someone like that to learn off, adding those qualities into my game. It can elevate me.

“I want to show I am developing. Showing I can be a leader when needed, whatever is required. I want to show that I can play.”

Tuanzebe’s accent may be pure Rochdale, but he is inspired by his Congolese roots.

“My mum and dad wanted to give us a better opportunity in life,” he said. “The chance to become someone, to do something with ourselves.

“I want to give something back to the people I love. We still have family living in the Congo who I would like to help out one day.”

And he explained his distinctive first name, adding: “My parents were going to call me Alex but my uncle liked Axel so they went with that. It’s uncommon. I like it.”

SOURCE: All Football

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *