Tuesday 15 July 2014

Chelsea confirm five-year deal for Prime Target

Chelsea have finally confirmed the arrival of Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid, with the Spain striker signing a five-year contract with the Blues.




The 25-year-old has long been linked with a switch to Stamford Bridge and the clubs agreed a fee early this month, with Chelsea meeting his buy-out clause reported to be worth £32million.

Costa netted 35 goals for the La Liga side last season, more than Fernando Torres, Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba combined, and joins countryman Cesc Fabregas in moving to Stamford Bridge this summer.

His goals helped Atletico claim a first Spanish league title in 18 years last season and he helped the Madrid side to the Champions League final, beating Chelsea in the semi-final en route to Lisbon, where they were beaten by rivals Real Madrid.

A statement on chelseafc.com read: "Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Diego Costa has today completed his transfer from Atletico Madrid by signing a five-year contract.

"He will join up with the first team for our pre-season European training camp next week."
Costa added: "I am very happy to sign for Chelsea.

"Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mates.

"Having played against Chelsea last season I know the high quality of the squad I am joining.
"I would like to thank everybody at Atletico who made me into the player I am, it was an incredible time for me, but now I am starting a new adventure and I hope to win many trophies with Chelsea."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *