Tuesday 8 July 2014

Mario Mandzukic is set for a £17.5million move to Atletico Madrid

Mario Mandzukic is set for a £17.5million move to Atletico Madrid, according to reports from Germany.


German newspaper Bild have reported that the Bayern Munich forward is on the verge of signing a five-year deal with the Spanish club.

The 28-year-old signed for the German giants in 2012, and went on to score 48 goals in 88 games over two successful seasons.


The 28-year-old indicated his desire to leave the club earlier this summer, telling Croatian newspaper Sportske Novosti before the World Cup: 'I met (Bayern chairman) Karl Heinz Rummenigge before the (German) cup final and told him I wanted to leave the club.


'I've had a fantastic time at Bayern. It's a great club and I never thought I'd want to leave, and especially not at this point in time.

'But, let's be honest, I cannot play to my strengths under Guardiola's style - no matter how hard I try.

'I realised that after the 1-0 defeat by Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final first leg and, that being the case, it's best for all parties that we go our separate ways.

'Guardiola is an outstanding coach and I wish him and everyone else at the club all the best in the future.

'Bayern and the club's fans will remain the best and most emotional chapter in my career.'

Source: dailymail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *