Monday 18 December 2017

Lanzini Charged By FA Over Stoke Spot Kick



Argentina international Lanzini won a penalty for the Irons at the Bet365 Stadium after going to ground under a challenge from Stoke defender Erik Pieters in the 18th minute.


Mark Noble converted from the spot to give Moyes' side the lead before second-half goals from Marko Arnautovic (75') and Diafra Sakho (86') sealed a 3-0 victory.

TV replays suggested that Lanzini had drawn contact from Pieters, and an FA independent panel reviewed the incident before taking retrospective action.

Moyes is mystified by the charge, given that he thought the referee made the correct call, with the 24-year-old playmaker now facing a two-match ban.

"I'm going to think about it (an appeal)," the Scot said. "I'm a bit surprised. The referee was 10 yards from the ball, nothing was blocking his vision, the defender made a challenge for the ball and didn't get it.

"So, I think they're going against the referee. The Goals on Sunday panel all said it was a definite penalty.

"We're going to think about whether we appeal or not. I think it's strange that three people on Sunday thought it was a penalty and three people today think it probably wasn't.

"He (Lanzini) had a brilliant performance on Saturday, he made two assists, so I only said to him after the game about how well he played.

"Let me be clear. I'm the first one who wants to get rid of diving. That's why I'm surprised by this one because nobody can be sure."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *